[Magdalen] Prayer pats unhappy gut

sally.davies at gmail.com sally.davies at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 14:09:17 UTC 2016

Thanks Susan and Pub friends,

I'm definitely feeling better today and was able to make it to work, taking
care to keep the load manageable. The anti-spasmodic definitely
helped and I think I'd actually got more dehydrated than I realised -
running around the hospitals but not eating for fear of being caught in a
"Situation"!

i bought a pack of Ruby roasting veg for Christmas Dinner and some crackers
that promise explosions of confetti - the veg is basically butternut
squash, red onion and beetroot. I can also throw in some baby potatoes. Mom
is bringing a cooked gammon ham and I'll probably buy a tub of fancy ice
cream, that will be dinner.  The kids have a ready made lasagne to feast on
in the meantime and tomorrow I'll think about any other trimmings and maybe
some wine though Mom doesn't drink and with my dicky tummy I probably
shouldn't either.

We plan to go to Midnight Mass, me and Mom at any rate, will try to drag at
least one kid along.

So it's looking like a relaxed long weekend - South Africa has declared
Tuesday to be a public holiday as well to make up for Christmas being on a
Sunday,  so we won't be back to work until Wednesday.

When working with patients in hospital that's always a mixed feeling - I
need and appreciate the break but am also thinking of them and the hospital
staff who will be working as the long weekend stretches in front of them.

Sally D