[Magdalen] Christmas Trees

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Fri Dec 23 18:07:00 UTC 2016

In a message dated 12/23/2016 6:32:40 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
michaudme at gmail.com writes:

That  year we had a small Christmas  tree.>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The Germans living in the buildings near our military housing in
Frankfurt/M, Germany were amazed at two aspects of USA
Christmas decorating customs.  (1) We favored electric lights for  indoor
trees and decorations (as opposed to real candles) , and (2) We
favored colored lights for outdoor decorations, and not the blue  lights
the Germans favored for their outdoor decorations.

David S.