[Magdalen] Regional Dialect.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Fri Dec 23 19:46:43 UTC 2016

In a message dated 12/23/2016 2:35:53 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
magdalen at herberthouse.org writes:

tried  cutting trees and boughs on my property again there
would>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I have a handiman who works from time to time on my PA  property.
He is from the southern tier of New York State about 150 miles
north of us here in Pennsylvania.  There is a very different  accent
in the southern tier of NY State and the northern tier of PA than
the local regional "coal cracker" accent.

Today he asked me about where I wanted him to place what
sounded almost like "bells," but more specifically "behwes."

I paused for a moment, and then explained that I had no bells
for him to place.  The conversation went back and forth until I
realized he meant "boughs."

Accents here in the East of the USA are great fun.

David S.