[Magdalen] Christmas Trees

Marion Thompson marionwhitevale at gmail.com
Sat Dec 24 15:27:38 UTC 2016

Sadly, the slim pre-lit Christmas tree that had served for about 25
years ended up in the pre-move dumpster, ultimately the victim of too
much manhandling.  I got a Martha Stewart tree from Home Depot last
year, no sample on display, and it is exactly right for the space and
ease of storage.  Archie likes to nibble on the frosty sparkle ....
hasn't made him sick.  All the tree ornaments either went off with
Kevin, the miraculous handyman/friend, or into the dumpster.  Too late I
realized that the few really sentimental ornaments had been tossed,
too.  Oh well, it's only things ....  This tree is prelit and pretty and
needs no further adornment, I tell myself.

What a state of poorly-suppressed hysteria I was in during that whole
business!  I am more grateful than words can express for my new life and
metaphysical state.

Marion, a pilgrim   ... today my sail I lift ....