[Magdalen] Homing Pigeons.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sun Dec 25 21:29:57 UTC 2016

Good friends of ours in the MN Twin Cities moved to the Greenwich, CT
area in June of 1956.  The couple was native to MN, but "took" to the  NE
USA, and sang in a couple of the excellent Episcopal church choirs in
Stamford and Greenwich for decades.  To my surprise, they  announced
a year ago that they were moving "home" to the Twin Cities after 50  (FIFTY)
years in CT.  I should add that neither of their children live in the
Midwest
USA.

Their Christmas card arrived yesterday, and they sound contented in  their
condominium overlooking a small lake and wildlife area.  They  searched
about for a suburban Episcopal church with a choir of the caliber they  were
used to in the East, and discovered there was only one each in the
respective downtowns of both Minneapolis and Saint Paul.  They are in  their
mid-eighties now, and did not want to get started driving into the
downtowns
in the winter.

They decided to try a neighborhood ELCA (Lutheran) parish, and though
the choir isn't great in their words, "Boy, can those Lutherans  sing!"
All I can say is that if this choral-seasoned couple can be happy  singing
with this Lutheran congregation, Martin Luther has done his job well.

David S.