[Magdalen] My Listgiv ...

Lesley de Voil lesleymdv at gmail.com
Mon Dec 26 00:59:00 UTC 2016

Hi Ann, glad you are getting so much out of your pressies! The animal on the tea towel is a spiny anteater or echidna. It and the platypus are the only surviving monotremes(egg-laying mammals.)
Australia Post excelled itself this year. I have received a number of parcels in record time.
My pressy from Harpers Ferry  sat under the LEDlight tree for 3 days ( is it a sin, maybe just a venial one, to admire oneself for restraint when there are no others in the house to see one peeking before the Day?) I eventually opened my gifts this am (it is now nearly lunchtime on Boxing Day), so I am dipping to Kate Conant's present to me- an interesting illustrated history of Harpers Ferry. My knowledge of USA history is quite irregular, so this book fills in an important gap. Thank you, Kate!
Regards
Lesley de Voil