[Magdalen] So far, so good.

ROGER STOKES roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Mon Dec 26 07:50:56 UTC 2016

Despite loud rap music from a neighbourig apartment until 11.30 last night I was up by 3.30 as intended and left more or less at planned time, actually 4.50 rather than 4.45 and a fairly smooth run to Heathrow. Depite misreading a sign so a diversion on the way to the car-park I arrived there at 5.56 - then the normal issue of finding somewhere to park, I managed to find a space close to a shuttle bus-stop. I saw the first arrivals of the day (not normally allowed before 6 a.m.)on the adjacent runway.
Checking in yesterday caused more than a mild panic as British Airways thought I| did not have authorization to go to the USA but I found my ESTA reference3 and managed to complete the check-in. So much easier doing it online than at the airport as you can choose your seat. I wonder if I've been upgraded as the row number is low and the pairs of seats are apparently facing alternate directions - one forward and one back. If so then I will welcome a bit of extra width and legroom.
Roger