[Magdalen] Voter ID

Charles Wohlers charles.wohlers at verizon.net
Tue Dec 27 19:18:47 UTC 2016

Well, yes, there are other forms of ID. People who don't have a driver's
license can get a state ID - usually for when they get carded in a bar.

Neither Massachusetts nor Vermont require voter ID's. All you do is walk up
the the nice lady (or man) who asks your address and name and sees if you're
on the list. If so, you go vote. You are also checked off when you finish
voting - and, when it's all done, both lists need to agree. Here in Vermont,
it's a bit easier as both the town clerk and the "nice lady" are friends of
ours.

I happen to have my mother's voter ID card from North Carolina (c. 1998).
It's a card just for that purpose with no picture, just name, address and
signature.

Chad Wohlers
Woodbury, VT USA
chadwohl at satucket.com