[Magdalen] Homing Pigeons.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Tue Dec 27 21:01:26 UTC 2016

In a message dated 12/27/2016 3:42:00 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
ann.markle at aya.yale.edu writes:

Actually  I MUCH prefer
the contemporary version, as it's clearer:   "Forgive>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I actually prefer the plainsong version in the liturgical setting.   It's
not hard, and congregations learn to sing the Lord's Prayer well.

The RCC has a modernized plainchant version which they all seem to
know (maybe parochial school?) but it is rarely sung in the
modern Roman Mass.  (The Pater Noster is always sung in the
Tridentine Form).  I see little reason for this modernized version (of
the melody only and NOT the text), but the late Mason Martens, source
of the plainchant in the '82 Hymnal, liked the new RC version, so
I nod to his far greater musical/liturgical knowledge.

David S.