[Magdalen] Bernard Lonergan

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 18:34:11 UTC 2016

I've met him.
We weren't close :-)

But more important is the fact that he powerfully influenced people who
influenced me.
If that makes sense.

Many years ago I saw a bar graph of the lives of composers, how they met &
overlapped in time. And their historical influences on each other's work. I
think it's the same with theologians. Or "lineage," which is how Buddhists
describe this.

And so I heard many sermons preached in the sixties and seventies that
leaned heavily against his work and presence, although no citation was
offered.
If that makes sense.
-M