[Magdalen] Three urgent prayer requests for friends

Ginga Wilder gingawilder at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 02:03:31 UTC 2016

Three people, with whom I am very close, have urgent need for prayers.

I learned today that my friend Tom who has been quite ill over Christmas
was diagnosed today with acute onset leukemia...I think it is lymphoblastic
variety.  He was admitted to Medical University ICU in critical
contidition.  The oncologist says he may die - 'this could go south very
quickly;.  Three adult children live locally and a daughter is flying in
from Idaho.  Tom has not looked well recently, but he had an elective
surgery about 2 months ago....blood work was fine then.  Stunning.

Mary has pneumonia and is also in the hospital.  She is frail with
osteoporosis, lifelong scoliosis and is quite bent over, which means her
lungs and stomach are compressed.  Her husband's update this afternoon
sounds as if she is absolutely worn out.

Anna has several things going on.  She has had bronchitis through the
holidays, but she also has a brain/neuromuscular disease that causes
cognitive and general body function decline.  The update I had today is
that she cannot be left alone right now.

I bid your prayers for Tom, Mary, and Anna.  Spare a prayer for those of us
who love these people, each of whom is a member of our parish.

Thank you,
Ginga