[Magdalen] One more liturgy post

Grace Cangialosi gracecan at gmail.com
Sat Dec 31 19:20:53 UTC 2016

Actually, Lynn, she did give me a choice, because they were getting the bulletin ready. She said her preference would be Holy Name, but I could choose, and I said that would be fine. Then she gave me the choice of the NT reading.
When I'm only doing a Sunday or two, I assume the rector or vicar will pick readings and hymns. They almost always email me the bulletins the week before.

And I confess that while she and I were emailing about this, I hadn't thought about the implications vis a vis the Gospel readings.

But I've had a thought. If we look at both Gospel passages, we can get a glimpse of the whole human/divine aspect of Jesus: He was in the beginning, and he was also subject to the same human customs as any other Jewish baby.

Some good possibilities there, I think.