[Magdalen] One more liturgy post

Joseph Cirou romanos at mindspring.com
Sat Dec 31 21:20:30 UTC 2016

-----Original Message-----

January 1st has been a Holyday of Obligation for a very long time. I don't believe New Year's Day is a holiday in Scotland. I wonder if it is a holyday? There are 10 holydays of the Universal Church; but some of them have not been been holydays of obligation around the world. In many places they have been transferred to Sunday or simply not of obligation. I think St Patrick is a holyday of obligation in Ireland (They may have dropped st. Joseph) and Guadalupe in Mexico,

Joe