[Magdalen] Vanity plates

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 18:03:24 UTC 2016

My mother had a low-numbered plate on the Blue Bomber (the Buick of her
youth).
I remember it only slightly (it had running boards). They were assigned in
order in New Hampshire (also in Massachusetts), so a low-numbered plate
meant you'd begun driving in the 1920s or early thirties.

One morning at church someone remarked they'd seen the roadster outside a
roadhouse and had recognized the plate. She changed it the next week.

Then in 1946 she met Daddy and settled down most dociley, God bless her.
-M