[Magdalen] Fwd: Re: St Paul's-on-the-Hill, St Paul, MN

Marion Thompson marionwhitevale at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 03:32:00 UTC 2016

I must disagree.  As one who has spent much of her church life driving
great distances to various places I think it is wrong to condemn people
for seeking a place where they are fed (for me that is the
much-rarer-up-here a-c style).  I have been church in several places
(always at a distance because of where I lived in the country and for
many years at a time) and I have driven countless miles attending
meetings and being a warden and on Advisory Board and heading Outreach
and serving at the altar, preaching, and writing the Prayers and doing
all those tasks that need doing, baking, cooking meals, visiting,
comforting, and counselling those who need it, manning the Food Bank and
arguably being church by any standard, including sacrificing a mate to
the cause, and I have been loyal to the core.  But now why indeed should
I continue to drive 100 km for every appearance that is now a knife to
the heart theologically and liturgically because of the priest-in-charge
who has been inflicted on us and who is determined to stamp out all that
'fanciness' if I can now attend a church within walking distance in my
new town?  It may be St. Swithins, but I know that from the start.

You throw in so many threads to counter that it's like arguing with Tar
Baby.  No doubt you will count against me that I am continuing with Food
Bank on Tuesday nights.  If not me, then who, eh?

Marion, a pilgrim