[Magdalen] Books for mind, heart and spirit, wounded and otherwise

Sally Davies sally.davies at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 15:07:12 UTC 2016

Brain flushing, you mean the "glymph system"? Because it was not possible
to observe the living brain doing its thing, and there is no specific
anatomical structure associated? Also, it only happens when we are asleep,
which it seems is one reason why we feel so rubbish when we haven't slept.

I would vote for Lord of the Rings. The Life of Pi also touched me deeply,
as did The Sparrow...but for the most reliable soul comfort I always go for
poetry or music rather than prose.

When I was young I read my mom's copy of The Robe, which triggered a
lifelong search for faith...how odd, I'd forgotten that until now.

Sally D