[Magdalen] Books for mind, heart and spirit, wounded and otherwise

Sally Davies sally.davies at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 16:45:42 UTC 2016

Susan, you've really started something here!

How about this: The Church Times published a "100 Greatest Books" list,
what a fascinating process. There's lots of other links I'd love to chase
but you need a subscription unfortunately.

https://ct100books.hymnsam.co.uk

There's also a list of the top 10 children's books, and, entertainingly, a
list of the "bottom four" worst books (Copeland and Nicky Cruz are the
leaders there).

There's plenty of poetry in the list...but going through it reminded me of
A Prayer for Owen Meany, the first book to make me cry like a baby.

I read so little these days...

Interestingly, one of the "worst books" selections, Hans Kung, was also
fairly high on the "best books" list!

Sally