[Magdalen] A great sadness

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Fri Feb 5 02:49:32 UTC 2016

In a message dated 2/4/2016 9:04:04 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
marionwhitevale at gmail.com writes:

We're not getting any younger and we've had a good run, but  what a
terrible loss it will be to me personally after these 25 years of
singing really good stuff with really good  friends>>>>>>>

There will always be the cherished memories.

I similar event occurred for me a few years ago when I retired from
the Latin Rite plainchant schola and polyphonic choir.  For  nearly
20 years I similarly sang "the good stuff" with them, counted many
of them as friends, and all in all it was the high point of my choral
"career."

We had one change of directors during this period, and both had
their strengths.  The director who left after about 10 years also
went to his native Canada (BC) and became the Canadian National
Anthem singer for the Vancouver hockey team:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRHoPL0WtdM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRHoPL0WtdM