[Magdalen] A great sadness

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 17:40:41 UTC 2016

On Fri, Feb 5, 2016 at 11:02 AM, P. Dan Brittain
<pdan.brittain at gmail.com> wrote:
> Don't forget the Chicago Sacred Harp singers. Go when you want, and have a
> great time.

I really like this idea, especially the "go when you want" aspect!

Another thing I've daydreamed about is collecting some willing
singers, obtaining the use of a resonant church or other space weekly
for two hours, and just gather to rehearse fabulous music for an hour
in a smaller room and then "perform" it in the resonant space for an
hour. Sort of a rehearsal and concert weekly. When we feel ready, we'd
have an actual concert (just do the same as usual but open the doors
and of course advertise ahead of time).

Would be great if the resonant space could be St. Gertrude's RC Church
two blocks away from home. :)

https://irs0.4sqi.net/img/general/width960/15598685_-6pI_6d3aD5w85vmegN2bjwtPR6fl48trwkw-WKRNhk.jpg

--
Scott R. Knitter