[Magdalen] A great sadness

Marion Thompson marionwhitevale at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 18:31:21 UTC 2016

It may be more productive to start where you will find people who enjoy
the same sort of 'fabulous music'. Choral music is not one size fits
all.  The first stop may not be the right one, but can produce leads to
other groups or small assemblies you might explore.

The Marions have been fortunate in their no-budget life.  We have always
rehearsed in a Toronto church at no cost, not in the choir room or
similar, but in the church proper.  Our conductor had a long musical and
social history with that place and many of our members have sung in the
choir there forever and been wardens, etc.  I met many of them while we
were all singing with the Orpheus Choir in the 80's.  And I made up the
choir for Jim's and my wedding in 1992 from them and  members of the
then men & boys St. Simon's Choir where I attended.  It was a great
sound and we resolved to stay together, even if we only sang once a year
in Whitevale.  It wasn't until 1997 that we were invited to take part in
a subscription series but needed a conductor and Tony was looking for a
group to conduct.  The rest is history.

Marion, a pilgrim