[Magdalen] Election

Lynn Ronkainen houstonklr at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 03:55:04 UTC 2016

Same with me too Sibyl!
Lynn

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 10, 2016, at 9:45 PM, Sibyl Smirl <polycarpa3 at ckt.net> wrote:

It's funny -- when I was a teenager, my parents did want me to know what factors were involved in elections, how one voted, a bit beyond what one gets in Civics classes, so they'd explain why one might or might not vote for this or that candidate.  But when I'd ask them how they _did_ vote, they'd refuse to tell me, saying that the secrecy of the ballot and the curtained booth were very important.  I'd usually have a pretty good idea how they'd voted, but they would _never_ tell me.

--
Sibyl Smirl
mailto:polycarpa3 at ckt.net