[Magdalen] travel mystery

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 07:21:40 UTC 2016

The analytical software has determined that you may be a candidate for a
trip to Chicago. Unless the software actually starts to force you to sign
up for a trip to Chicago, I'd say you have nothing to worry about. They can
advertise all they want, but you still have to buy the ferschlugginner
thing.

I love the way when I look at something and decide I don't want it, I will
get ads for days directing me back to the exact place where I was and did
not want the item.  Obviously this is a good business model for them.  I
don't find it all that bothersome, just amusing that the best they can do
is, "Hm. You looked at a frammis yesterday and didn't want it. Hey, I've
got a bright idea! Would you like to buy a frammis?"

Cracks me up, but it also makes me dread the decease of so many brain cells
in the folks who do advertising....

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford