[Magdalen] Ministry of Consolation

Ann Markle ann.markle at aya.yale.edu
Fri Feb 12 21:28:27 UTC 2016

Jay, you might consider Compassionate Friends, a group for parents whose
children (even adult children) have died (by many means, not just
accidentally).  In our area, it's a monthly self-help group, but was
facilitated by someone from the local grief center, so not completely
self-help.  I attended monthly for a year, and found it very helpful --
then I didn't seem to need it, but I was also in weekly therapy.  I wonder
if the VA might offer anything for loved ones of vets?  I pray for you, as
I know how awful it is, and worse after 6 weeks than after 6 days....

Ann

The Rev. Ann Markle
Buffalo, NY
ann.markle at aya.yale.edu