[Magdalen] Meatless, but definitely NOT penitential

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 22:50:02 UTC 2016

I also don't have much difficulty with this. The gf's a vegetarian anyway
and I'm the cook, so we never have meat. God help me, I've come to really
like tofu (having learned to prepare it). So it's more about what I take on.

Years ago I butted up against our life-long habit of dinner out on Saturday
evenings. It was especially important for us to do this when we were still
working, a time to catch up, review the week. Doing this over a meal
someone else prepared and would clean up afterwards gave us the room and
time we needed, and being in a public place kept the grousing
well-controlled.

Besides, the gf is unchurched, and it would be unseemly for me to impose my
little pieties on her life.

I finally decided that the Sabbath begins at sundown on Saturday and
ends at sundown on Sunday. Works perfectly! And there's fine precdent.
-M