[Magdalen] German RC bishop speaks boldly

Joseph Cirou romanos at mindspring.com
Sat Feb 13 01:04:57 UTC 2016

Maybe you should have qualified it with "voluntarily"  There are Popes who resigned before death, but in the past with circumstances, such as exile for the Pope who was sent to the mines to reconcile with St. Hippolytus (the first antipope) St Celestine who recognized that he was administratively incompetent, Martin V to heal the Great Western Schism and perhaps a few others.

Bennie was the first to simply "retire" considering his age, but he will soon join Jimmy Carter and other who are still productive into their 90's

Joe