[Magdalen] Lottery tickets

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sun Feb 14 06:02:45 UTC 2016

In a message dated 2/13/2016 11:34:20 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
scottknitter at gmail.com writes:

I try to  remember that. I generally buy a ticket only to get in on the
fun of a  major Powerball jackpot. I like to say, "Finally there's a
jackpot worth  the effort of buying a  ticket.">>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Ditto my practice here in Pennsylvania.

The last time I participated in the lottery was couple of years ago.
It happened to be during the Annual American Heart Association
fundraiser, and the convenience store I visit on rare occasion was
bedecked with little posters commemorating customers' gifts.

The usual rather sassy clerk who drew my 2 lottery numbers asked
me in her nasal voice if I wanted to give to the Heart Campaign.

I startled her speechless by pointing out that convenience  stores heavy
sales at state minimum prices of cigarettes was the leading contributor to
heart deaths in the USA.  For once she was unable to come up with a
snarky quip as I turned to leave the store.

I think that pretty much all the convenience stores (my ex called them
"stop
and rob" stores) are now owned by East Indians in this area.

David Strang.