[Magdalen] Lottery tickets

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sun Feb 14 18:04:17 UTC 2016

In a message dated 2/14/2016 2:02:09 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
gracecan at gmail.com writes:

The  young woman agreed and shrugged, telling me that they have no control
over the  heat. It's set by corporate headquarters, and they can't change

Reminds me of the micromanagement of a long term Dean at Christ  Church
Cathedral in Eau Claire (Wisconsin USA).  He set the heating level in  all
the Cathedral complex buildings and had tough, clear plastic covers  with
padlocks over all the controls.  There was a hand-written notice  above
all of these controls stating, "Don't touch the thermostadts."  It was  an
appropriate spelling for the controls and he was privately referred  to
as the "Thermosta[d]t  Nazi." (After the Seinfeld "Soup Nazi").

David Strang.