[Magdalen] Lottery tickets

Sibyl Smirl polycarpa3 at ckt.net
Mon Feb 15 18:12:32 UTC 2016

On 2/15/16 8:30 AM, Jay Weigel wrote:
> Sista Sibyl wrote:
>
> And then there's the environment, too.
>
> Uh-huh. Ever since they started fracking in Oklahoma, there are
> earthquakes--something the state almost never had before. But the oil
> companies swear on a stack of Bibles that those are not connected.
>
> Sure.

Yeah. It kind of depends on your definition of "good" and whether you're
talking about The Economy, The Environment, or your personal wallet for
today.

I was actually thinking more of low gasoline prices encouraging more
teenagers to drive around spending gasoline (and adding more
once-sequestered carbon to the atmosphere) while looking for interesting
and willing members of the opposite (or, for that matter, same) sex.

There are so damned many aspects of the "lower gas prices at the pump"
subject that "being Mindful" just gets more and more confusing.

Somebody on Facebook (probably a kid) remarked that (as far as he was
concerned) Obama is doing great, and should stay in office forever,
because gasoline prices are currently low.....

:o(

--
Sibyl Smirl
mailto:polycarpa3 at ckt.net