[Magdalen] Scalia and his health

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Thu Feb 18 20:13:01 UTC 2016

In a message dated 2/18/2016 11:39:51 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
jay.weigel at gmail.com writes:

I always  figured he
was on a minimum of two and maybe as many as 4. The diabetes  makes it
almost certain.>>>>>>>

You're undoubtedly correct.

However, as a rule of thumb, nearly everyone takes several  medications
over the age of 60.  At least that was the case with the  run-of-the-mill
VA patients I saw for 30 years.  These patients did not necessarily  have
the bull neck, odd coloration, and husky build you mention as shown  by
Justice Scalia.

Now, whether patients take all these prescribed medications is  another
matter.  The national averages I was always quoted were as  follows:

(1) One third of patients take/use medications as prescribed.

(2) One third of patients vary the frequency and dosage of the  medications.

(3) One third of patients do not take/use the prescribed medications at
all.

David Strang.