[Magdalen] Scalia and his health

Sally Davies sally.davies at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 06:22:34 UTC 2016

Even in the last few decades...when I was nursing in the UK in the early
80's the hospital was full of cardiac patients, but it's not the case now.
Perhaps there are more in the state hospital where primary health care is
more limited for the patients.

We see a lot of patients who've had previous coronary artery bypass
surgery, and a great many are on BP medication. Only the diabetics seem to
be in regular trouble, and the very elderly present with thrombosis,

I've seen fewer patients with brittle bones than used to be the case, but
that might be a difference between SA and Britain - better food and more
sun, maybe.

Sally D