[Magdalen] Prayers ANSWERED: missing, beloved dog is found!

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Fri Feb 19 17:03:01 UTC 2016

Scott wrote::

 >Anglican chant with organ? Not out of a desire for "authenticity," but
because it's simply do-able.
That's a modern affectation outside of some monasteries. I'll bet the
daily office was simply said until relatively recently. And I'll bet the
ability to lead plainchant is not part of the lay reader curricula
anywhere, it's probably up to the whims of the precenter (clergy or lay).

I realize that some A-C parishes adopted what they saw as traditional
Roman practice in the 50s or 60s, which was even limited in RC parishes <g>.

Cheers,
Jim