[Magdalen] Surrounded by Paradise.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sun Feb 21 05:40:35 UTC 2016

It is interesting how differently people react to phenomena.  I  was
just watching HGTV where a couple was looking for a log cabin type
residence in the Lake Tahoe, California area.

Fixated as they were on
the floor plans and number of bathrooms in each of the homes shown
them by their realtor, there was only slight passing mention of the  fact
that this area is part of probably the world's most magnificent  conifer
forest.  Many people, including this couple, are only marginally  aware
of trees, and that was so in this case despite the spectacular Sierra
Nevada forest surrounding each of the homes inspected.

My son and I used to go out to that very region every year and do  some
hiking, and looking back on those times, they were some of the most
memorable of my life, and the trees were a big part of it.  Not
appreciating
the trees is like visiting New York City and not noticing the  skyscrapers.

Chacon a son gout!

David Strang.