[Magdalen] More of the Same

Lynn Ronkainen houstonklr at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 16:27:55 UTC 2016

Continued prayers for you and Marcy on this journey.
Lynn

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 23, 2016, at 9:41 AM, James Handsfield <jhandsfield at att.net> wrote:

Yesterday, Marcy had a very scary episode.  She had a shower.  When the aide called out and Marcy didn’t answer, she went in and found Marcy slumped forward in her shower chair and unable to straighten up.  The aide got her more upright and called me.  We tried to transfer her to the transport chair and Marcy went completely limp and was completely unresponsive for at least ten minutes.  During that time I called 911 and asked for EMS to be sent out.

EMS transported her to Northside Hospital ER and I followed, and there I sat for the better part of the day.  They did a blood panel, urinalysis, a CT scan and MRI.  All results were inconclusive and we have no idea what happened.

So Marcy is at Hospice Atlanta for a few days for observation.  I’m wiped out.

Education is its own reward, both for the individual and for society.

Jim Handsfield
jhandsfield at att.net