[Magdalen] RIP A dear friend's mother.

M J _Mike_ Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Wed Feb 24 04:33:01 UTC 2016

I don't remember name, but I knew her well back in the day.  A dear friend's mother, who'd long since been whiling away her last years in a dementia home, passed early this morning.  Early to mid-90s, I believe.  I still grin sadly at the memory of his story of finally putting her into the home's hands.  They'd been visiting frequently so she could get used to the staff and environment, and all was going well.  But on that day, he got up, said "I'll see you later, Mom", kissed her on the cheek, and walked toward the door.  At the door, he looked back over his shoulder, and she was GLARING AT HIM with nothing less than an "I may be demented, but I sure's hell know an ungrateful son when I see one!"  It was one of his hardest moments in life.  Now, he's got to sort out the trust and get everyone settled and on their orphaned way.  (He's 60, by the way, and not the oldest child.)