[Magdalen] Was: Prayers ANSWERED: Now, Chant.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Wed Feb 24 15:48:32 UTC 2016

In a message dated 2/24/2016 10:12:56 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
scottknitter at gmail.com writes:

Was  easier with the Green Book (LBW), I expect, as that had only three
settings  for Holy Communion. The new red book (ELW) has 10, I think?

On Wed, Feb  24, 2016 at 8:48 AM, Jay Weigel <jay.weigel at gmail.com> wrote:
> I  dunno. I've been attending a Lutheran church for over 3 years now, and
>  I'll be damned if I can sort out Lutheran chant....thank God the new
choir
> director came from an Episcopal church and has pulled them  toward the
less
> meandering  ones!>>>>>>>

There are just a few comical moments from my old drinking days.
Somewhat more than 31 years of sobriety ago, I was chanting the
Epistle at High Mass at Christ Church Cathedral, Eau Claire.  I
started out using the solemn form plainchant, but somehow, midway
through, I switched over into one of the psalmtones newly composed
for the LBW, and eventually back over to the solemn plainsong.

The O/C, whom I could see during this "performance," was pale
and sweaty, but I got through it just fine.  I was fully aware of  my
crazy blending of styles, though I suspect few in the congregation
besides the O/C were.

David Strang.

--
Scott R. Knitter