[Magdalen] New Sect.

Arthur Laurent ALaurent at npr.org
Thu Feb 25 02:27:20 UTC 2016

My first dog tags said, "NO PREFERENCE," which was news to me. (Way back then, NO PREF was shorthand for "Protestant, no denomenational preference." More recently, it was what you got when you preferred AGNOSTIC or ATHEIST, both of which are allowed now (I think). )

It took a little friendly persuasion (and a case of beer), before I could get the clerk to stamp me a set with EPISCOPAL as religious preference.

Arthur

<...My son's dog tags read "EPISCOPALION". Tennessee National Guard is
uneducated, I guess......and mainly Baptist. Sigh.