[Magdalen] Dental Deal.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Fri Feb 26 15:28:26 UTC 2016

I had a lovely morning yesterday at the local endodontist office for
a root canal on a posterior left upper molar.

What I thought would be an hour long visit turned out to take nearly
three hours, during which time, I was lying on the rather  uncomfortable
dental chair with my head actually lower than the rest of my supine
body, and with enough dental paraphernalia in my mouth to fill a  standard
transpacific container.  There was additional stuff - if you can  believe
it -
in my mouth for repeated x-rays that were overly frequent.  How  they
expect elderly persons to put up with this is beyond me.

This lengthy appointment was largely because the orthodontist was
running three other rooms/patients at the same time, and he would
come into my room, do a little drilling, look at the x-rays, and then
be off to the next room.

When he was drilling the affected tooth, he kept muttering, "I'm
struggling to get all the way back here, Doc," meaning, I guess
that this was a rear molar.  However, I still have my wisdom  teeth,
and I would wonder what he would do with a procedure on one of
them.

Then home, and the local anesthetic wore off.  Aspirin to the  rescue.
I refuse to struggle with the side effects of the opioids.

I'm talking and chewing out of the right side of my mouth for awhile.
Actually, I'm even making an attempt to keep my mouth shut for a
change.

David Strang.