[Magdalen] A New Year's Eve image.

M J _Mike_ Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Fri Jan 1 01:13:57 UTC 2016

For a few days, maybe for a week or more, a homeless fellow has been camped out alongside my neighborhood CVS, and on a side that's visibly public.  Normally, CVS keeps such individuals moving, so as not to distress the patrons.  But for the time I've mentioned, he's not only there, but encamped.  I've been meaning to ask the management how the decision was made to let the fellow stay.  But in the end, I consider it a signal act decency on the part of management, to let the shopping cart tent stay, for God and everyone to see, and not send him off to who knows where.  (He's been everyplace, so I have some idea where he'd go, and it wouldn't necessarily be better.)