[Magdalen] RIP Wayne Rogers

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Fri Jan 1 19:25:24 UTC 2016

In a message dated 1/1/2016 1:40:42 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
oppenheimerjw at gmail.com writes:

I really  liked the character which he brought to life in Mash.  He was
actually  the glue that held the MASH together. A man of great potential for
loving  others, no matter how unpleasant or wacko (Hi, Charles and
Hawkeye!)>>>>>>

Somewhere I read that his departure from MASH was his own decision,
secondary to his upset that what was originally envisioned as a  comedy
with several equal characters turned out to be pretty much all about
Alan Alda.  Of course this didn't happen through malice on the part  of
Alda, but rather his perfect casting as Hawkeye, so much so that he  was
never able as an actor to break away from his role in MASH.

David Strang.