[Magdalen] 31 December 2015 - Beth and George Conant-Lambert

Joseph Cirou romanos at mindspring.com
Sat Jan 2 06:45:03 UTC 2016

Congratulations and eis polla eti to the happy couple. I had a nice St Basil's Day. I went to church for the first time (at my parish) since November 21--I've been playing at various churches in the meantime. No cantor showed up. So guess what? A busman's holiday. Just followed the liturgy; but improvised a chant for the Communion for Fridays and sang the Polychronia (abbreviated in Greek from memory) to the modern melody (that they do at the Jerusalem Patriarchate--Orthodox--but that I learned from a Chevetogne Publication (Byzantine Catholic) and then switched to English and Slavonic versions of God Grant You  Many Years at the end--what fun !
Our church is Melkite, I know more Greek and Old Slavonic than Arab, but the community is varied and the Ukrainians were pleased.

Joe