[Magdalen] Epiphany

Marion Thompson marionwhitevale at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 20:54:16 UTC 2016

Well, I did it.  I told the wretched man that I'm taking a leave of
absence from the end of Jan until (vague wave) Easter or so.  He was
easy because he asked no questions, only remarking that I probably have
a lot going on in my life at this time.  End of our pastoral session,
other than him wondering what who how about readers and intercessors
beyond the end of Jan..  You know, he's not a bad man, but he is so
stuck and introverted and rigidly academic and so unwilling to meet us
half way, that I can't cope.  The dark cloud descended right as we left
the vestry and persisted as he ignored his deacon and sub-deacon
throughout, brushing past us, a one-man band who might as well have been
alone throughout the liturgy and would have been happier that way.

My A-Team friends are taking the news that I've done it a lot harder,
because it lays bare their own dark feelings about it all. "Can I come
with you?" and I really feel that I am leaving them in the lurch.
However, the truth of it is that we are all demoralized and there is
ever-less joy.  I will continue with Food Bank, but I will be free to
explore my local options.

A very brave move for one who is always reluctant to  jump ship. Please
keep St. Peter's in your prayers!

Marion, a pilgrim    ... today my sail I lift ....