[Magdalen] Prayer request

Molly Wolf lupa at kos.net
Mon Jan 4 02:38:03 UTC 2016

Hi pubbies,

I have atrial fibrillation, among other (minor) cardiac issues, and I have been prescribed beta-blockers for years and years for this problem.  Atenolol was the drug prescribed, and it left me tired, as though I was moving at higher gravity.  Walking uphill has been a particular strain. Then, at the height of the moving and renovations last summer, my GP switched me to bisoprolol, which made the fatigue much, much worse. The latest GP has now got me on metoprolol, which is slightly less exhausting than bisoprolol but also gives me joint pain.

All these %^*<>€£ -olols have dug deep holes into my quality of life.  My creativity is shot, and I have to ration my activities because otherwise, I get overtired and have to rest for a day. I feel old and discouraged.

This is complicated by issues with my GP.  The office, which was a nice old-fashioned practice when I signed up, has experienced high turnover and disorganization since it was "rationalized" into a Brockville group practice a few years ago.  We don't actually have a physician now.  Very frustrating.

I'm seeing the nurse practitioner on Tuesday.  We'll see what transpires.

Thanks!
Molly
walking on Saturn, from the feel of it

The man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. -- Mark Twain