[Magdalen] Listgive take-off!!

Lesley de Voil lesleymdv at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 05:37:03 UTC 2016

OK,Ok,I know it's 2016 and and almost Twelfth Night, but I yesterday I
managed to get my listgive parcel to the Post Office, from where it
should today be winging its way across the bigger pond to an address
on the Left coast of North America. For the lateness of its still
projected arrival I offer my sincere apologies and can only hope I
don't meet another Christmas season like this one just past.
It does seem to have been a perfect storm of incidents :1) sudden
offer of fulltime employment from early December, necessitating
extended hours for travel to the job each day, 2) breakdown of car
(still not fixed thanks to holiday period where everyone goes to the
beach haha),  3) closure of Post Offices between Christmas and New
Year (that one I hadn't previously noticed, also see note 2,) 4)
dithering by self upon the realisation that intended listgiv-ee got
the same present from me last year 5) lack of a car severely limited
my access to suitable shops in order to find substitute present. In
the end I gave up and sent off the present with a topical book that
was recently recommended to me. I hope they provide enjoyment for many
days to come.

Regards
Lesley de Voil