[Magdalen] Brightest and Best - The Epiphany, January 6, 2016.

Mahoney, W. Michael wmmah at stoneledge.net
Thu Jan 7 02:23:33 UTC 2016

On Wed, Jan 6, 2016 at 7:42 PM, Cantor03--- via Magdalen <
magdalen at herberthouse.org> wrote:

> The concept of the Epiphany was a complete unknown to me when I  entered
> TEC in the Diocese of Milwaukee in 1958 (though I'd been attending an
> Episcopal church sporadically for a couple years before that).

Epiphany is special for me.

Twenty-four years ago, I came home from our evening Epiphany service and
drank up the last of the vodka, bourbon, and scotch in the house.  It was
the last time I have had any alcohol other than an occasional sip or
taste.  The next morning I reported to and became a volunteered in a
National Institutes Institute of Health experimental, in-patient alcoholism
treatment program.

The treatment, *qua* experiment, proved not to be much of a success though,
as it turned out, I did not receive the medical and experimental component
anyway.  But three weeks in the hospital did successfully wean me

So Epiphany reminds me of a major turning point in my life.

Mike M.