[Magdalen] Brightest and Best - The Epiphany, January 6, 2016.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Thu Jan 7 03:26:27 UTC 2016

In a message dated 1/6/2016 9:50:32 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
gracecan at gmail.com writes:

My  favorite Epiphany hymn is "At the Lamb's high feast we sing."  >>>>>>>>>

When sung to "Salzburg" it has a killer tenor part which is quite
accessible to baritones, and just a few singers are quite capable of  an
obligato that floats nicely over the top of an entire congregation.

Though tenors always look a little shocked when baritones do this, it
is rare that baritones can resist the temptation, at least on the  last
verse.

David Strang - Guilty of many such obligatos.