[Magdalen] Brightest and Best - The Epiphany, January 6, 2016.

P. Dan Brittain pdan.brittain at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 04:08:31 UTC 2016

On Wed, Jan 6, 2016 at 9:29 PM, Joseph Cirou <romanos at mindspring.com> wrote:

> I believe that is the Appalachian version that is also my favorite  but
> fairly difficult to sing the accidentals correctly. I always practice it at
> length if I need to sing it as a solo. I usually sing it without
> accompaniment.

This one has no written accidentals:

http://tinyurl.com/zo2wsr2

Though it is also customary to raise the 6th scale degree so one is singing
in dorian. (A minor - so the F is sung as an F#).

--
P. Dan Brittain
Harrison, Arkansas

http//:pdanbrittain.com
<http://pdanbrittain.com>* <http://pdanbrittain.com/>*
Transcriptions, Arrangements and Original Compositions
Wind Band, Brass Band, Choir, and Ensembles
Commissions accepted