[Magdalen] Brightest and Best - The Epiphany, January 6, 2016.

Grace Cangialosi gracecan at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 01:28:02 UTC 2016

I just did a little research, and it said the first sing at the Weavers
Church was in 1903, and it has been held every year since.  The same
article, which focused on the history of Singer's Glen, VA and the Harmonia
Sacra itself, also said that the Harmonia Sacra is the oldest hymnbook
still in use in the USA today.

One distinctive characteristic of all the sings here is that they have to
give two page numbers for all the hymns--one for the Legacy edition which
is in standard hymnal format, but with the shapes place on a regular staff,
and the other for the "Long Book," as they call it.  It's a larger book
printed on the short end (landscape style) and is more traditional.

--
Grace Cangialosi
Ruckersville, VA

*We must cry out against injustice or by our silence consent to it.
Dorothy Day*