[Magdalen] Admission

Ann Markle ann.markle at aya.yale.edu
Sat Jan 9 22:27:38 UTC 2016

Yes, Mike, self-introduction is the norm in all groups I've attended --
good for building community, which is part of the point of going to
meetings -- but labeling yourself alcoholic is optional.  The Lord's Prayer
is pretty near universal, but not completely so.  One reason for the "90
meetings in 90 days" recommendation is so that you can "shop around" and
find groups that are the best ones for you.  Asking other members for
recommendations, either before or after meetings, is another way to find
"good" meetings.  I introduce myself as an alcoholic for myself, not for
others.  I never want to forget it.

Ann

The Rev. Ann Markle
Buffalo, NY