[Magdalen] Admission

M J _Mike_ Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Sat Jan 9 23:28:22 UTC 2016

>>>I don't see it as pointless. As Ann said, it's a self reminder of why I'm present at the meeting.<<<

I fear I've been misunderstood, by my own bad communication.  I don't mean the self-identifying introduction; I mean, EVERY TIME ONE WANTS TO TALK *DURING THAT ONE SESSION*, to have to say the same thing, over, and over, and over.  If you speak three, four, maybe five times, you've said "Hi my name is ____ and I'm an alcoholic" EACH AND EVERY TIME.  *That's* what I say is pointless.  Because everyone's heard it already.

I repeat:  I mean nothing at all against the self-identifying introduction.  I think it's good.  What's not good is being a broken record several times within one 1-hr session saying something everyone's already heard you say, and it's not like it's a difficult thing to remember, because you only said it a few minutes ago.