[Magdalen] Mike & Everett face a demon.

Grace Cangialosi gracecan at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 23:45:17 UTC 2016

I have to ask: how old is he?

On January 9, 2016, at 5:08 PM, M J _Mike_ Logsdon <mjl at ix.netcom.com> wrote:

I've for many years now been king of my kitchen, seldom if ever letting Everett help out.  That was wrong, of course.  But it was a Thing.  With my pain of late, I had to ask him to do something last night, and that something was dishes.  He told me from his earlier years of forced dishes servitude under his mother, that he has a thing about it.  I asked for specifics.  Besides being (in his estimation) a dish slave, there was the lack of dish washing gloves to provide a barrier between food residue and his skin.  Okay, thinks I.  I was going to add dish washing gloves to my shopping list later in the afternoon, but remembered I had some non-latex first aid gloves not being used.  Surprisingly they fit, and he gave the project a try.  Because I merely mentioned my own methodology then let him figure his out on his own, he not only enjoyed doing them (therapeutic, he said), but even cleaned up beyond the dishes including the plastic tub that's used and the surrounding sink area.  It was a sterling job.  I thanked him profusely.  He was glad.